As always, the health and safety of our Members and Guests is our number one priority and we look forward to welcoming you to the Club.
We are continuing to improve our industry leading CovidSAFE initiatives. These include:
- Becoming an accredited NSW CovidSAFE site
- Appointing a full time CovidSAFE Manager
- Temperature checking of all staff and patrons upon entry
- Screening all customers for relevant and updated details as a requirement of entry to the Club
- Record keeping in line with government requirements to facilitate rapid contact tracing
- Reducing the number of chairs in our lounges to discourage gatherings
- Regularly cleaning and sanitising all hard surfaces during trading hours
- Thoroughly cleaning and sanitising the premises each day at the end of trade
- Providing detailed and relevant CovidSAFE training for all staff prior to commencing work
- Requiring any staff member displaying symptoms to:
- Not attend for work
- Isolate, and
- to return a negative test result before coming back to work
- Employing CovidSAFE Marshals to assist you with (1.5m) social distancing at all times
- Providing multiple sanitiser stations throughout the Club
- Encouraging contactless payment
As one of Sydney’s largest venues we have made it as safe and easy as possible for you to maintain social distancing and manage your own health while still enjoying some important socialisation.
Our team has worked tirelessly to ensure you have a memorable experience at Canterbury and that we continue to be a CovidSAFE venue.
Thank you again for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you at your Club soon.
Canterbury has introduced several measures to help keep you safe during your visit to our venues.
Please see below for information on what to expect when you next visit the Club.
Safety & Social Distancing
Your safety is our number one priority and Canterbury is committed to being CovidSAFE in our venues. Some of the measures that we have implemented include:
- Checking the temperature of all staff, members and guests entering our Clubs
- Asking anyone who is feeling unwell, has recently travelled overseas or to the Northern Beaches to not visit our Clubs
- Limiting the amount of people who can visit our Clubs and restaurants at any one time
- Installing automatic hand sanitiser stations throughout the club
- Increasing cleaning cycles of high traffic areas with the use of hospital grade disinfectants
- Increasing the spacing between tables in our restaurants and limiting the size of group bookings
- Modifying the service models for all restaurants so that all items are single touch or disposable such as cutlery, condiments, menus and straws
- Increasing the space between players on the gaming floor
- Staff in food service and delivery areas are wearing gloves
- Practicing social distancing of 1.5 metres between customers and team members, with clear signage
- Requesting contactless payment where possible
Highly-visible CovidSAFE Marshals will be walking around our venues tasked with ensuring compliance of social distancing rules, answering questions and promoting good personal hygiene practices.
Ways you can help keep Canterbury safe:
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell
- Be mindful of the 1.5m physical distancing rule
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly and sanitise your hands regularly at one of our automatic hand-sanitising stations
- If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow or a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately in our waste bins
- Reduce co-mingling with other patrons not from the same household and with staff to limit the risk of virus transmission
- Limit your movement to other areas of the Club
- Download the CovidSAFE App
New Entry Requirement
From Friday 1st January, all hospitality venues including Canterbury will be required to use the NSW Government CovidSafe check-in process within the Service NSW app.
When you next visit your Club you will be required to scan a unique QR code using the camera function on your smart phone before you enter. We recommend downloading the Service NSW app prior to your visit.
Providing your details ensures NSW Health can contact you quickly and easily, if necessary.
If you are a Member, guest or staff member you will need to do the following upon entering:
- Hold your smart phone camera up to the QR code which can be found on posters at entrance points. Simply hover the camera over the code as if you were going to take a photo of it.
- Click the link that pops up on your screen and follow the prompts until you are checked in with the Service NSW app.
- Proceed to the Club entry to have your temperature taken and show your phone confirmation to staff member.
- Members will still need to show their Member card and guests will still need to sign in as per legislation.
If you don’t have a smartphone, don’t worry, our friendly staff will assist you to check in.
As announced in the new NSW Government regulations, as of midnight Saturday 2 January, masks are now mandatory for Members and guests on the gaming floor.
All front-line Canterbury staff will also be required to wear a face mask when on duty.
Access & Parking
Access to Canterbury at this stage will be exclusively via the main doors at the front of the Club with all parking to be in the new front carpark. Patrons will be required to enter and exit through separate doors, with entry through the left-hand side.
As a safety measure, all members, guests and staff will have their temperature digitally screened as they enter. Staff will be available to direct patrons to a dining outlet to help disperse the crowd, reduce loitering and encourage everyone to maintain a safe 1.5m distance from each other.
Canterbury will be required to record the names and contact details (e.g. telephone number or email address) of all members, guests and staff that enter the Club, and to retain this information for 28 days for contact tracing purposes as per NSW Government regulations.
Bars & Restaurants
The Bistro is open for lunch and dinner every day with a reduced menu of favourites and daily specials including selected Asian dishes.
The Bistro seating capacity is limited, and access will be on a first come first serve basis. Under the current regulations’ groups are limited to a maximum of 30 people and all diners will be requested to maintain a distance of 1.5m from one another (with the exception of members of the same household).
Due to social distancing requirements, The Bistro Play Area is currently closed.
The Dynasty is now open Tuesday – Sunday for lunch and dinner.
The Bakehouse Café is open daily. Bakehouse is open from 7.30am – 5pm (Sunday – Thursday) and 7.30am – 10.30pm (Friday – Saturday)
The Atrium Bar is open from 6 – 11pm (Friday – Saturday)
Seating at all bars and restaurants will be arranged so that chairs are distanced at 1.5 metres, to give all patrons the opportunity to socially distance.
Members of the same household are not required to socially distance and may wish to bring seating closer together. Family members should observe distancing standards where they are not in the same household.
All restaurants will be using single touch/disposable items including menus, cutlery, condiments and straws.
Please click on each dining outlet for opening hours and further information.
All financial memberships as at the time of the Club’s closure will be extended for a period of 12 months. This encompasses all memberships with an expiry date of MAR 20 or later printed on the membership card. Your existing membership card will remain valid, however if you wish to receive a new card you will be able to collect a new card from the reception desk when you next visit. Please note that due to the limited number of Admin staff at this time it will not be possible to mail out new cards.
To ensure fair access to promotions for all Members, there will be no weekly promotions or venue wide promotions run until our Clubs are operating at or near regular capacity and social distancing measures have been eased. The Cash or Dash Promotion that was due to commence at Canterbury in March has been cancelled and a new promotion will be run in its place in the future.
Bingo and Raffles
There will be no bingo and raffles scheduled at this stage, however we are investigating the opportunity to bring back appropriately socially distanced daytime bingo sessions if capacity allows. We will notify Members via our website and social media pages when this occurs.
Poker will not be available as it is not possible to run it within existing social distancing guidelines.
As a result of the difficulty in managing social distancing requirements, courtesy buses at Canterbury and Lakemba will not be operating at this stage.
The existing regulations and social distancing measures do not support the hosting of shows at the current time.
Functions & Events
Due to the limits on group booking numbers and reduced room capacities to help manage social distancing requirements, the booking of Functions and Meetings is currently unavailable.
For customers with pre-existing bookings, please contact our Functions Team on 9704 7721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org