As always, the health and safety of our Members, guests and staff remains the number one priority. Canterbury has introduced several measures to help keep you safe during your visit to our venues.
Please see below for information on what to expect when you next visit the Club.
Safety & Social Distancing
Your safety is our number one priority and Canterbury is committed to being CovidSAFE in our venues. Some of the measures that we have implemented include:
- Checking the temperature of all staff, members and guests entering our Clubs
- Asking anyone who is feeling unwell or has recently travelled overseas to not visit our Clubs
- Limiting the amount of people who can visit our Clubs and restaurants at any one time
- Installing automatic hand sanitiser stations throughout the club
- Increasing cleaning cycles of high traffic areas with the use of hospital grade disinfectants
- Increasing the spacing between tables in our restaurants and limiting the size of group bookings
- Modifying the service models for all restaurants so that all items are single touch or disposable such as cutlery, condiments, menus and straws
- Increasing the space between players on the gaming floor
- Staff in food service and delivery areas are wearing gloves
- Practicing social distancing of 1.5 metres between customers and team members, with clear signage
- Requesting contactless payment where possible
Highly-visible CovidSAFE Marshals will be walking around our venues tasked with ensuring compliance of social distancing rules, answering questions and promoting good personal hygiene practices.
Ways you can help keep Canterbury safe:
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell
- Be mindful of the 1.5m physical distancing rule
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly and sanitise your hands regularly at one of our automatic hand-sanitising stations
- If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow or a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately in our waste bins
- Reduce co-mingling with other patrons not from the same household and with staff to limit the risk of virus transmission
- Limit your movement to other areas of the Club
- Download the CovidSAFE App
Access & Parking
Access to Canterbury at this stage will be exclusively via the main doors at the front of the Club with all parking to be in the new front carpark. Patrons will be required to enter and exit through separate doors, with entry through the left-hand side.
As a safety measure, all members, guests and staff will have their temperature digitally screened as they enter. Staff will be available to direct patrons to a dining outlet to help disperse the crowd, reduce loitering and encourage everyone to maintain a safe 1.5m distance from each other.
Canterbury will be required to record the names and contact details (e.g. telephone number or email address) of all members, guests and staff that enter the Club, and to retain this information for 28 days for contact tracing purposes as per NSW Government regulations.
Bars & Restaurant
Due to the limited capacity of customers allowed into the Club, not all bars and restaurants will be open from Monday 1 June and those that are open may have restricted or limited menus. We anticipate opening up menus and outlets further as demand increases and encourage you to follow our social media pages or check our website for details of what is currently available.
A coffee shop will be operating out of The Bistro from 9am to 10pm every day.
The Bistro will be open for lunch and dinner every day with a reduced menu of favourites and daily specials including selected Asian dishes.
The Bistro seating capacity is limited, and access will be on a first come first serve basis. Under the current regulations’ groups are limited to a maximum of 10 people and all diners will be requested to maintain a distance of 1.5m from one another (with the exception of members of the same household).
Please note that the Kid’s Play Area in The Bistro will be closed until further notice due to social distancing.
The Dynasty restaurant will not be open at this stage, however the restaurant seating area may be used as additional capacity for The Bistro if required.
The Bakehouse Café will be open Friday to Saturday 3pm to 11pm and Sunday 11am to 9pm for Coffee and Cake. The regular Bakehouse Café menu will not be available at this stage.
Lavico Italian Ristorante will not be open at this stage, however the restaurant seating area may be used as additional capacity for The Bakehouse Café if required.
The Atrium Bar on Level 1 will be open daily from 9am for light meals and snacks. The regular cocktails menu will not be available.
Seating at all bars and restaurants will be arranged so that chairs are distanced at 1.5 metres, to give all patrons the opportunity to socially distance.
Members of the same household are not required to socially distance and may wish to bring seating closer together. Family members should observe distancing standards where they are not in the same household.
All restaurants will be using single touch/disposable items including menus, cutlery, condiments and straws.
Please click on each dining outlet for opening hours and further information.
All financial memberships as at the time of the Club’s closure will be extended for a period of 12 months. This encompasses all memberships with an expiry date of MAR 20 or later printed on the membership card. Your existing membership card will remain valid, however if you wish to receive a new card you will be able to collect a new card from the reception desk when you next visit. Please note that due to the limited number of Admin staff at this time it will not be possible to mail out new cards.
All Engage Rewards tiers were frozen at the time the Club was closed. There will be no tier demotions conducted until such time that the Club is running at or near capacity, however tier promotions will recommence from July.
To ensure fair access to promotions for all Members, there will be no weekly promotions or venue wide promotions run until our Clubs are operating at or near regular capacity and social distancing measures have been eased. The Cash or Dash Promotion that was due to commence at Canterbury in March has been cancelled and a new promotion will be run in its place in the future.
All Members whose birthday fell during the time the Club was closed will be provided with an opportunity to utilise their birthday points.
Members who celebrated their birthday in March, April, and June can redeem their Birthday Rewards by swiping their member card at an Engage Kiosk during the month of June. Regular terms and conditions will apply.
How to claim your Birthday Rewards:
- Swipe your Canterbury Member Card at an Engage Kiosk
- Your Birthday Rewards will automatically be added onto your account
- Log off once you have finished with the Engage Kiosk
Bingo and Raffles
There will be no bingo and raffles scheduled at this stage, however we are investigating the opportunity to bring back appropriately socially distanced daytime bingo sessions if capacity allows. We will notify Members via our website and social media pages when this occurs.
Poker will not be available as it is not possible to run it within existing social distancing guidelines.
As a result of the difficulty in managing social distancing requirements, courtesy buses at Canterbury and Lakemba will not be operating at this stage.
The existing regulations and social distancing measures do not support the hosting of shows at the current time.
Functions & Events
Due to the limits on group booking numbers and reduced room capacities to help manage social distancing requirements, the booking of Functions and Meetings is currently unavailable.
For customers with pre-existing bookings, please contact our Functions Team on 9704 7721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org