Category 1 funding is specifically for local projects and/or services that contribute to the welfare and broader social fabric of the local community and are aimed at improving the living standards of low income and disadvantaged communities.
- purchasing kitchen equipment to produce food for isolated seniors living by themselves
- purchasing a vehicle to help elderly and people with disabilities attend their hospital appointment
- running a literacy and numeracy program for children with learning difficulties
Category 2 funding are for projects that affect within an internal community like schools and grassroot sports like local sporting groups. Please note that Canterbury has a very limited pool of funding for Category 2 projects due to our commitment to the sport of rugby league, junior rugby league and Bulldogs Rugby League Club.
- purchasing any new equipment / infrastructure for schools
- team sponsorship for local community sports groups
- fundraiser to help a sick child / family in need
- veterans welfare activities like the Lakemba RSL Sub-Branch ANZAC Day activities
How to Apply
- Register your profile on clubgrants.com.au
- Select the type of funding, please see above for category description.
- Fill in the project details.
- Click ‘Submit’ to finish.
- The submitted project will now show up on your ‘My Applications’ dashboard. You can also save your application form without submitting it first if you need to leave and come back.
- Once you submit, your application will now appear on Canterbury’s dashboard and will proceed from there at the next monthly Board meeting. Please allow 6-8 weeks to hear a response.